2011 to present
• English Edit UK, based in London and Lancaster, is proofreading for the academic and business worlds. It was a continuation of English Edit Sardegna, which started when I was living there (2008-13) and dealt especially, but not exclusively, with Italian academics. In the last few years clients have included people from Spain, Germany, France, India, China and Japan.
Academic & teaching background
• August 2007 – July 2011: Programme Leader, MSc Architecture, Advanced Environmental & Energy Studies by Distance Learning, based at the Graduate School of the Environment, Centre for Alternative Technology, Wales
• April 2003 – August 2007: Tutor, MSc Architecture, Advanced Environmental & Energy Studies at the GSE, CAT.
• 1998-2005: Aberystwyth University, part-time contracted teacher, Centre for Language and Learning (now renamed The International English Centre). http://www.englishinwales.org.uk/schools/aberystwyth-university/ ).
• 1986-2006: Regional Tutor and Residential School Tutor, Open University, firstname.lastname@example.org
• 1982-1995: Education Officer, Centre for Alternative Technology, Machynlleth SY20 9AZ UK www.cat.org.uk
• 1971-1982: School teacher in Ghana and then UK, latterly head of faculty, curriculum development.
Proofreading currently includes
a) scholarly papers: a vast range of topics, including: economics, management, entrepreneurship, statistics, child development, psychology, linguistics, anthropology, history and geography.
b) PhD theses: philosophy, ancient history and anthropology
- MSc Distance Learning materials, approx. 2500 pp per year, managing editor, 2007-2011;
- Founder and editor, ‘Green Teacher’ international quarterly periodical. 1986-97;
- A number of books and other resources for UK school teachers and students
2012 March: CELTA: University of Cambridge ESOL: English Language Teaching.
1971 Postgraduate Certificate of Education, University of Keele
1970 B. Com, Liverpool University: Economics, Law.