2011 to present
• English Edit Sardegna is proofreading for the academic and business worlds.
It was started in Sardegna when I was living there (2008-13) and has dealt especially, but not exclusively, with material originally written in Italian. In the last few years clients have included people from India, China, Germany, France and Spain.
• English Edit UK is a continuation from September 2013, for old European and new UK clients, from bases in London and Lancaster.
Academic & teaching background
• August 2007 – July 2011: Programme Leader, MSc Architecture, Advanced Environmental & Energy Studies by Distance Learning, a degree of the University of East London, at the Graduate School of the Environment, Centre for Alternative Technology: https://gse.cat.org.uk/gse-about-us http://www.uel.ac.uk/postgraduate/programmes/environmentaldist.htm
• April 2003 – August 2007: Tutor, MSc Architecture, Advanced Environmental & Energy Studies at the GSE, CAT.
• 1998-2005: Aberystwyth University, part-time contracted teacher, Centre for Language and Learning (now renamed The International English Centre). http://www.englishinwales.org.uk/schools/aberystwyth-university/ ).
• 1986-2006: Regional Tutor and Residential School Tutor, Open University, firstname.lastname@example.org
• 1982-1995: Education Officer, Centre for Alternative Technology, Machynlleth SY20 9AZ UK www.cat.org.uk
• 1971-1982: School teacher in Ghana and then UK, latterly head of faculty, curriculum development.
- Proofreading: includes
a) PhD theses topics ancient history and African anthropology
b) scholarly papers in a vast range of topics, including: children’s language development, medical research, economics, statistics, psychology, African anthropology, history, geography.
- MSc Distance Learning materials, approx. 2500 pp per year, managing editor, 2007-2011;
- Founder and editor, ‘Green Teacher’ international quarterly periodical. 1986-97;
- A number of books and other resources for UK school teachers and students
2012 March: CELTA: University of Cambridge ESOL: English Language Teaching.
1971 Postgraduate Certificate of Education, University of Keele
1970 Bachelor of Commerce, Liverpool University: Economics, Law.